The past couple nights have been, to put it lightly, hell. Eddie has been sleeping very badly, wanting to be snuggled all night which means that I don't get a bit of sleep. Last night, in my sleepy haze, I had to get up and walk out of the bedroom and have myself a little breakdown. I'm tired. And then, it hit me. When he sleeps with me, he is on his side...if I am not holding him, he will relax to his back and wake up screaming, but still asleep. A-HA! Eddie is apparently a side sleeper all of the sudden. As we speak, he is asleep in his Arm's Reach ---- get this ----- WITHOUT HIS PACI!! If you know Eddie, you know how much he loves his paci. He would wake up tons of times in the night to get his paci replaced. But with a rolled up towel propping him up, he is sound asleep, again, WITHOUT HIS PACI!! (and yes, I need to yell this!)
Here's hoping I get some sleep tonight.
In non-sleep related news, we have introduced Eddie to oatmeal and he is in love! He likes it even more than the rice! Just 3 days of this and then he's going to get some carrots...I can't wait to see what he does with that.
He also enjoyed watching the inauguration of PRESIDENT Barack Obama while I cried. It feels so different watching this as a mother....I truly believe that President Obama will make the world a better place for my son. Today, January 20, 2009 is such a beautiful day. Anyway...back to baby...Eddie had to watch the inauguration standing, his new obsession. He has gotten so strong in the last couple of days, he just holds one finger in each hand and stands, stands, stands...and laughs while he does it - he loves it! I am so in awe of my little man....he has gotten so big. I love to look at this picture, for scale:
The first day Eddie came home...don't mind the fact that the next morning we brought him back to the hospital for 3 nights...
And this is Eddie on our trip, playing with his ball. Look at how different the plastic clip looks - it ate him up before!
Sorry for the totally rambling post....I am sooo tired. Keep your fingers crossed that we get some sleep tonight!
-maggie
No comments:
Post a Comment