Actually? FUCK IT.
Yup, I went there.
Eddie is happily watching Curious George, Finn is sleeping and every ounce of my body is telling me to write, so come hell or high water (or missing @ and $ in this case ) I’m writing. And two sentences in, I’m over it. But I’m doing it anyway. So what has been going on with us? Tons, of course.
Finney is 2 months old, and I have no idea where time went and what it did to my cushy little old man faced baby, but this new little guy who loves to coo and smile and swat t everything is pretty cute too. He has his 2 month appointment today, which I’m dreading, but such is life. I’ll post his stats later.
Eddie continues to love preschool, but I have noticed that he holds his thumb in his mouth (not sucking on it, but chewing on the side of it or biting the nail) some of the time that he’s there. Which, of course, has brought us a wonderful new world of germs and a nose that seems to have an endless amount of buggers, but again, such is life, right? Apparently this is my new motto with 2 kids.
We’ve had a fun week of visitors, with my most favorite sister-momma, Nicole, visiting from Germany. If you’re a long time reader of the blog you’ll remember that Nicole is my old neighbor whose husband joined the army and got stationed in Germany. And as much as I was excited for Nicole’s amazing adventure overseas, I missed her terribly. Thankfully, facebook has kept us completely up to date….we even laughed when she came over and asked for updates on the neighborhood and I couldn’t come up with something that she didn’t already know. I’ve posted the greatness of facebook before, but seriously, it has totally kept our friendship alive and seemingly normal! I’ll be sure to post pictures of our party in their honor later.
Finally, I got a job coaching swimming! I’m so excited. I happened to go to work out one morning when the swim team kids were there and I went out on a limb and asked the coach if they needed help. He directed me to the head coach to put in an application and I decided to go for it. I love, love being on the pool deck and am thrilled to get to coach not only for an awesome team, but so close to home! It will be an adventure to figure out how to do this with nursing Finn, but we’ll get there. Frankie’s mom is going to watch the boys if I have an earlier evening practice until Frankie gets home from work, which is awesome for everyone :)
Well, we got this far. Hopefully with this update I’ll be able to throw some pictures up later without feeling totally overwhelmed.
No comments:
Post a Comment