Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter (in pictures!)

Easter was super fun this year, and since I had so many pictures I'm just going to narrate through them. Enjoy :)


{eddie at the Nestle easter egg hunt}
{over-competitive momma was pumping him up the whole time, and when the horn sounded to go, he ran like a bat out of hell.....past all of the eggs, to the tree that I pointed to with a bunch of eggs around it. Literally JUMPING over eggs to get to the tree. It was the fastest I think he's ever run, and he was SO proud when he reached that tree before the other kids. I ran behind him yelling "EGGS!! PICK UP THE EGGS!!" and he didn't get it until after his elation of reaching the tree first wore off. It was hilarious and amazing and one of my favorite moments ever}
{and I may or may not have stood over an egg, protecting it to ensure that he got at least one. For the record, he snagged three!}

{Frankie and Finney}

{Me and Eddie}

{showing off his haul}

{finney got an egg, too!}

{then the boys got to say hello to the easter bunny (finn was more interested in the grass) and we got some more candy (thanks Nestle!)}

{oh, for the love of pete. ADORABLE}

{Easter morning the boys woke up and we wandered down stairs to see what he left us. Eddie was the first awake and woke up Finn, which is why the poor babe still has sleepy face and bed head!}

{Finn found his basket first, filled with puffs and yogurt melts and bibs}
{eddie had to find his eggs first. each had a number on the front and he had to put them in order so we could read the sentence on the back telling us where that silly bunny hid his basket!}

{HEAVEN!!! That is one happy little boy. If you ask him what the easter bunny brought him, he says "a soccer ball and cones and SUGAR!". He was on such a sugar high that he started singing a made up easter song, screaming that Easter was his favorite day EVER and yes, it is completely true that we cut him off of sugar when he started screaming "Happy New Year Easter bunny!!!!!!!!!". He had us cracking up all morning long. 

{That afternoon we moved on over to Nanna and Grandpa's for Easter dinner. This was the glorious Easter tree that Eddie decorated. My mom thought I was going to do some small little tree, this thing was taller than Eddie :) and also got stuck in Rikki's hair. LOL!}

{one of my favorite centerpieces I've done yet....irises from my garden, daffodils stolen from the neighbor and twine from the garage}

{pretty}

{shame on me for not checking my settings, I love this picture and wish finn wasn't so blown out!}

{we got to meet baby Chase! such a sweet boy}

{cutie boys}

{my adorable cousins and chaser! this boy will be surrounded by gorgeous girls for the rest of his life! lucky man.}


{love}

{chase and finn playing, they're going to grow up to be best buds}

{we ended the day with Eddie's easter egg hunt, where I'm happy to say he got all of the eggs. And I didn't even have to stand over any to protect them :) what a wonderful easter!}


Hope you all had a wonderful Easter and a sugar high as epic as Eddie's. 



No comments:

Post a Comment