Thursday, October 7, 2010

Catch Up

Sorry, ya'll. I know I've been slacking, but the urge to blog just hasn't been around me lately. So now I have about a million things to post about.....it will be random, it will be jumbled, and it may be long. We'll see how long this blogging bug hits me.

{eddie and v's favorite new thing is to play in dirt. constantly. they will sit for hours (literally) and dig, push the tractors around and get terribly messy.}


Mom and I tried to golf.

{my form is amazing, and you know it}

{lol}



We did much better at our cooking class, where Chef Mark taught us how to make homemade pasta and a couple of simple and yummy sauces.

{hi chef Mark!}
{eggs, flour and a little salt. easy peasy.}

{mix.}

{mess.}
{here's chef  Mark telling us the joys of an automatic pasta roller...he did this little batch by hand and I've got to be honest...I felt a little bad for the guy.}

{our cute little class. cooking day made for a fun outing for my mom and i....and even better, after we learned a little, we got to eat a lot! chef made a wonderful meal and then presented each plate himself, which was a neat experience. I've never had the actual chef come out and explain the dish...it made the food just a little more interesting. plus i got to try the club's signature brandy ice, which was so gross interesting. it came with a delish little cookie...lol}

{construction started on our street recently, and any day they're out there working you'll find Eddie just like  this....or standing outside and waving to the construction workers, desperatly trying to get them to notice him}

{the boy started a new game with eddie}

{called "let's watch maggie freak out!"...because if you saw someone throwing around your kid, you'd be freaking out too}

{too bad eddie loves it, and while scary, i know jim isn't really trying to hurt eddie. right? besides...he had something to celebrate....he got a little gift for his girlfriend Michelle....}

{which caused a big to-do in the hood, because now.....the bride/groom jokes are endless! ha! give us an excuse to make fun of eachother and we'll take it}



Phew. Are we caught up yet? Of course, many more things have happened since then. Eddie and I had a fun trip to the Morton Arboretum on a beautiful day, and I knowingly missed an amazing photo op because I just didn't feel like ruining the moment I was enjoying.....WEIRD, RIGHT? Can you all believe that my camera wasn't strapped to my hip the whole time? LOL, I'm sorry....and I'll try my best to recreate the amazing picture that could have been sometime. Maybe.

And I promise I'll try to blog more often...we have some fun things coming up....Scarecrow Festival, Auntie Stef's birthday dinner, meeting the Stanley Cup (!!!) at the United Center, some end of season zoo trips.....and of course all of the standard fall photo ops. Lots to blog about, for sure....unless the world swallows me up with the mess of things planned, I hope you'll all be able to read about it soon.


 

1 comment:

  1. Maggie,
    You look like you've lost crazy weight from your golf pics....30 Day Shredding still?
    Jess

    ReplyDelete