Weeks: 27w3d
Measuring: 30 weeks. HA! Still measuring huge. BUT we had an ultrasound this week to cover a couple things. First, that there weren't twins. And yes, I kept that mostly quiet for a month, only sharing our news with friends and family. Could you imagine if it came out that I was having twins at 28 weeks? Frank said he would faint. I'm relieved to report that there aren't twins, but I am carrying a ton of extra fluid. As in, double what I should.....and no, that's not a guess, I am literally carrying exactly double the fluid. And now the joke is that when my water breaks it is going to be like Niagra Falls. Thankfully, other than that, baby looks happy and healthy, and at that ultrasound was measuring to be about 3lbs already. Aaawwww :)
{not the greatest picture of a picture (from my cell phone none the less) but it'll do. The top picture is my favorite...baby is turned a little more towards you, and you can see both eyes, a little hand by it's mouth (eddie's was always up there in u/s too) and some body. The bottom one is pretty much a perfect profile...right where is says "face" you can see the tip of the nose, and little lips pushed out to a pout}
Heartbeat: Ultrasound said 150 something, Dr. D with doppler said 140's....I think.
Weight: +10lbs. TEN FREAKING POUNDS. Holy eff. I really wasn't expecting that. Dr. D isn't concerned (yet) about my weight gain, mainly because I've only gained about 17lbs total (thank you first trimester weight loss) but did say that if I did a 10lb weight gain at my next appointment he would be concerned. Mainly because my big gain plus the extra fluid is a good indicator of gestational diabetes, even though my GD test came back normal. We did do my GD test early because I had a little incident that was a good indicator that I had it, and were all stumped when it came back normal. So I could have some underlying issue that just didn't show itself at that time. If I do have another big gain, I'll have to do another test. In the meantime, I'm supposed to be watching the sugars and the carbs (which, to be honest, isn't really happening) and working out more. After my swim in the beginning of the month last month, I didn't swim again....because I'm a bum. So now I've gotten back into my swimming routine and am happily going 3 times a week and feeling GREAT. I do feel like my belly hasn't gotten any bigger, and maybe even a little smaller, so that's good...hopefully baby and I are slowly working through our fluid issues!
Feeling: Big (thank you fluid) and mostly uncomfortable. Now, keep in mind that I am writing this as I felt 2 weeks ago, and I felt like crapola 2 weeks ago. With my regular work outs I am feeling so, so much better.
Craving: anything, really. Talk about any kind of food and I want it. Last night I made Frank go on a special run for a spicy burrito :) nomnomnom
Next appointment: Next Wednesday. Heh....I told you this post was late! Fingers crossed for a normal weight gain!
Eddie thinks: Eddie got to come with for this appointment since we thought he'd like to see the ultrasound. Plus, he was such a rockstar at my last appointment that I figured it'd be no big deal since Frankie would be there too. Little did I know that Frankie was just going to help rev him up rather than calm him down, and Eddie got a little more than nutty. Needless to say, he won't be coming to anymore appointments if I can help it. And while he was interested in about 2 seconds worth of ultrasound, he was more in love with the fact that I got a shot in my tush. Lovely.

No comments:
Post a Comment