Monday, March 12, 2012

Baptism

Blessed are the mommies and daddies, for they shall hold sweet babies fresh from Heaven.

Their hearts shall be filled with pure, unconditional love, and they shall guide their children's first steps towards God.

{Finn's official baptism photo}


"God must have known how much love you have to give and how beautifully His example lives in you....that's why He chose the perfect home for your new baby - and the perfect parents, too."

(auntie stef gets the best cards)


Finn's baptism was wonderful, if you forget that I had to walk and bounce a crabby Finney around the church. Also, please ignore that although it was girl scout appreciation day and there was a baptism, the pastor thought that ADULTERY, pre-marital sex, etc....was an appropriate sermon choice. (Mac claimed it was awesomely and hilariously uncomfortable, my mom said she couldn't decide whether or not to run and cover the poor girl scout's ears or shoo our family out of church, Frank and Uncle Mike had flash backs to Catholic church/school and needless to say, Erin was very happy that she lives with us). It made for wonderful conversation at our little brunch after at my parent's house.

I only got one picture of Finn in his baptism outfit (bow tie made my God Mother Erin!), so I may have to put him back in it to get more pictures of the cuteness, even though Finn christened it himself with some puke. Totally natural for anything of Finn's.

{Finn's god parents, Erin and Keith}

Eddie did as well as to be expected in church and a new kid's area, and of course, snacks from Erin. Back at my parent's, he got a baseball and bat from Aunt Lorrie and Uncle Chuck (!!) and played almost the whole time outside with Grandpa Frank. Finn got completely spoiled with love and once again, we were all reminded how lucky we are to have such wonderful family and friends. 

{probably the only time I saw these two all day!}

{Keith WILLINGLY holding Finn!}



{this girl? i love her. even though all day she said "I pulled a Maggie" when she did something ditzy. Brat.}

{one of the favorite toys of the evening. The paper that Eddie's bat came wrapped in! The boys were cracking up playing peek-a-boo in it, and Finn loved rolling and chewing and otherwise beating the crap out of it}

{hugs}

{And the other favorite of the day? Cousin Jen's taggie blanket}

{love at first sight}

{caught in the act! Finn says..."uh, problem?"}

And as if that wasn't enough (and I haven't even gotten to the monster trucks the night before!) we went to Woodfield that night to check out the Disney Vacation Club. Eddie loved the kid's area there (cookies! apple juice! toy story!!) and we some gift cards for dinner and tickets to Legoland. We may or may not have gone to get the free shit, lol! 

Aaaaaaaand leave it to me to swear in a post about Finn's baptism. 




1 comment:

  1. Love the caught in the act pic!!!! PS....I bought more fleece, I'll get to it in the next couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete