Monday, April 15, 2013

Easter!

I tried to post this before and Picasa frustrated the heck out of me, so I threw in the towel for a bit, haha. Back and ready to blog...man, do we have a lot to get to! I feel like that is always the case unless I'm updating daily!

The day before Easter we decided to take the boys to a super small town that boasts a replica mini-train and they (of course) were hosting the Easter bunny. We had been so busy with some family stuff that I didn't even realize the boys didn't get to see him yet, so off we went. And....spoiler alert, Finn hates the Easter bunny as much as Santa, but we didn't push this one, so at least no potential for long term scaring here.


The train was cute and the boys liked it. Finn is obsessed with CHOOOOOO CHOOOOOOOOOO(s), so his little mind was blown, once he forgave us for trying to make him walk to the bunny. Eddie shocked us when, on the way home, he said..."that was just a guy in a costume". UH, What?!?! Cue shocked silence for a few unbearable seconds! Then I asked him how he knew that and he said he saw his neck. Yikes!! We went with the whole 'very busy, sends helpers, etc' approach, but I honestly felt kinda bad about that and just wanted to spill the....ahem....beans. (hehe) I mean, is it a big deal about the Easter Bunny? Probably not. But, better safe than sorry! 

Sunday we went to my parent's house for brunch and an egg hunt. 
{finney checking out his high chair basket}

{eddie with his favorite new archery set}

{an adorable picture!! wish i knew how to fix the blown out spots, though}

{cute, us}

{eddie egg hunting}

{and egg checking}

{finn loved egg hunting this year!}

{finn looking...}

{eddie looking....}
{gah! why couldn't i just get both?! but finn is hilarious in this pic}

{mr. serious with his archery. he was shooting these at my dad's head. it was awesome.}

{some kite flying on the beautiful day}

{along with eddie's new frog kite, we got the pirate ship kite up for the first time ever!! a very big deal for our family, lol. She flew beautifully, when she would stay up!}




The best part of Easter, in my opinion, is just feeling like SPRING. This easter finally did that for us, feeling like a gust of fresh air. Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment