Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Yes or No

The current debate in our house? Finding out the sex of baby #2.

When I first got pregnant, I was 100% sure that I wanted to know. "I'm not one of those people", I would say "who can just be surprised. I need to prepare". But as my pregnancy continues, and the more I think about having a planned c-section (we already know the date that I'll be delivering) the more that I feel the surprise is being taken out of the whole having a baby thing. I kind of hate that anyone can look at a clock the day I'm delivering and say "oh! It's 12:00 baby ____ is being born right now!". I want some suspense! Not to mention hubby's cousin Jamie let the sex of their baby (adorable Ellie!) be a surprise and it was just so exciting on the day that she went into labor.....I remember the phone call, calling Hubby and telling him what she had....it was just so fun.

But....sigh. My original statement is coming back into play and I want to be prepared. I want to go through all of Eddie's baby clothes and know that I can either put them into a dresser or I can pack 'em up and sell them. I want to paint the baby's room the right color (and I hate, hate, hate the thought of painting it green or yellow). Of course, I can talk myself out of these things pretty easily.  Since Eddie pretty much lived in onesies, cotton pants and hats his first month I know that I can get the girl equivalent of that easily at Target before I deliver and not be out a bunch of money for girl clothes we won't use. We don't NEED to paint the baby's room right away since we know we'll be co-sleeping (we loved our Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper and can't wait to use it again).

For every argument I have a response. For every pro-finding out thing that Hubby brings up, I just can't shake the thought of how fun it would be to be surprised. And last night, when I thought all day that we would probably end up finding out, Hubby said that he wanted to be surprised. So we're wavering....and I have no idea which way to go.

2 comments:

  1. Did you decide? Did you know about Eddie? I would think I would HAVE to find out, too much of a planner and for the sake of baby shower gifts. As a frequent baby shower attender, I always stress about how the mom is going to have so much freaking green and yellow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alissa, I'm a crazy planner too and HAD to know with Eddie. Like, not knowing wasn't an option....like I said, I hate green and yellow and cringed at the thought of a bunch of shower gifts in green and yellow! (horrible, I know) But the good news is with #2 there is no shower, so that takes away that silly stress!

    ReplyDelete