Sunday we went to the Illinois Railway Museum in Union, Illinois for the Vintage Transport Extravaganza!!! Now, let me preface this by saying that we've gotten used to country living being a bit...well...half assed. Most museums and what not are small and not all that impressive, and an extravaganza out here is a garage sale in the city.....HOWEVER...the Illinois Railway Museum is not only AWESOME, but we would go there again, soon!! It was so much fun - there were old trains that you could walk through (scary if you're claustrophobic like me), tons on display and even ones that you could ride!! I know, I know...I sound quite dorky. But really, it was super fun.

{Eddie and Daddy on a little caboose thing}

{Handsome in his conductor hat!}
{Eddie and Grandpa, riding the 100 year old train!}

{Eddie and Daddy, watching the conductor}

{hehee, we locked daddy out!}

{End of the line! No, for real...it ends into the bushes!}

{Eddie and Nanna}

{Handing our tickets to the conductor}

{We had to pull over so the Nebraska Zephyr could pass! So neat}

{Daddy and Eddie in front of the HUGE train!}

{Check out the AWESOME fabric in the old train! So neat}

This really was a cool place. Frank and I plan to go back again so we can check out more trains and ride the Zephyr, since Frank really wanted to do that. The Vintage Transport Extravaganza (!!!!) was pretty cool, lots of old vintage trucks and cars that were all very pretty. Eddie even got to drive the firetruck on the way out, which made him quite happy :) So, blog readers....take a trip to the cornfields and enjoy some old fashioned fun with the trains. Thomas the Tank Engine will be there the next two weekends (a full size, real Thomas!!! So cool.), for any Thomas lovers out there.

The next couple of weeks are going to be crazy around these parts - we have something to do every weekend for the rest of August! It will be exhausting, but so much fun. All of the other excitement has me going a little crazy for prepping for Eddie's ROOKIE OF THE YEAR party (aka, his first birthday party) and I've made list after list after list to try and organize myself. One year, I will learn to take parties easy, but until then - his party is going to be HUGE!! (I'm planning next year already...lol!)
-maggie
No comments:
Post a Comment