Last week Eddie and I went to the Shedd Aquarium to visit with my old RA from Eastern, Shovonne. She brought along her neice, Brittany and her son Robert. Shovonne is due with a baby girl in just a couple of weeks, and we can't wait to meet her little one! Now, let me say that I love, love, love all marine mammals. I think they are incredible and I still dream about being a dolphin or whale trainer. Sooo....my mom and dad got me the best, best, best birthday present ever. THE BELUGA EXPERIENCE AT THE SHEDD!!! whoop whooooppp!!!
So anyway...I'm pretty pumped about it. The Shedd just recently redid their entire Oceanaruim and I have to say that it really is wonderful. They have a new polar play zone where your children can dress up in penguin constumes and play in a penguin "habitat"...now, your kids definately won't may look as cute as Eddie, so you should check it out!
They also have a hands - on area where the adults and older children can pet massive and frightening adorable starfish, and the little guys can splash in a little area that has fake coral in it and other fun things to feel. Needless to say, Eddie loved this section beyond belief.
We also got to see one of their Trainer Chats, which they are holding in the normal arena to get the animals used to preforming again. They also added a new screen that allows them to have birds fly in the show, so it was a fun little sneak peek into what they are doing. Now, I won't get totally dorky and post the pictures of the screen, mainly because you already had to suffer through the birthday dinner pictures. :) All in all, Eddie and I had a ton of fun. He and Robert became great buds by the end of the trip - hopefully we can get together again soon!
I'm thinking we may go back there for Eddie's birthday since he had so much fun with the hands on stuff....and the fact that I love it too has everything nothing to do with that thought. Afterall, I need to get to know the belugas I'll be cozing up to in November :)))) (can you tell I'm a wee bit excited?!)
-maggie

No comments:
Post a Comment