About what you ask? Well, this, of course....
That's me. NURSING Finn. Did you read that? NURSING FINN!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and yes, I totally had my mom take a picture because I was soooo beyond excited)
So yesterday, I decided a field trip to our favorite park was in order. I fed Finn right before we left as usual. But then we get to the park about an hour later and Finn wants to eat again. I stress. The milk that I brought was cold (keep in mind I was exclusively pumping up to this point...the breast milk that I travel with is always in a little cooler) and Mr. Finnegan has wanted his milk warmed to the most perfect temperature before he'll take it lately and shoving a cold bottle between my boobs just isn't warming this thing up in time. Crap. I expected to be at my parent's house by the time he needed to eat again, so I had nothing ready. Meanwhile, Finn is still rooting like crazy and starting to cry, so with a little "what can it hurt?" from the Momma, I went to it. Sat my tush on the bench and latched him on.
And he did it! He was a champ....a total and complete breastfeeding champ at 6 weeks old. Who would have thought?!? So we continued with it the rest of the day and he continued being awesome. Even through the night, he was awesome!! To say I'm thrilled is a total understatement.
I have about a zillion question and concerns, but am trying my best to just enjoy this, to let my body and his body do what it is really supposed to do. The last time I had him latch and tried to BF, I panicked that he wasn't getting enough, that I was going to get clogs and mastitis and everything was just going to fail. I did speak with my lactation consultant from Rockford today, which was awesome as she was a) freaking out right along with me at the awesomeness of the situation and b) clear and direct on how this should be going if it is going to continue. Thank Jeebus for a good LC.
So here we go. I really hope we don't mess this up...it is way too awesome of a feeling!
No comments:
Post a Comment