Monday, September 17, 2012

New School

So, as the update says in my last post, Eddie started a new school today! Literally, 5 minutes after I made the picture thing and posted about Eddie's first day of school, I got a call that he was accepted into our district's preK program. We were shocked to get it....basically it is a high risk program for kids who need an extra bit of help. Eddie qualified because of his speech....while his vocabulary is HUGE and he has great sentence structure, he has a strong lisp and most people struggle to understand him. He will now be going to an amazing preK program at the elementary school and receive speech therapy every week. I was so, so nervous about this program but the second I saw his classroom and met his teacher, I knew it was going to be amazing. 

{Daddy was even able to redo a first day drop off! hooray!}

{he had no worries...dropped frank's hand and ran straight to the doors}

{my goof! this was an 'oops' picture since my camera is being difficult and I kind of love it}

{mmmhmmm. this kid. he's definitely mine!}


Eddie did really well on his first day. The assistant teacher said that he fit right in without any troubles. That made for one happy momma! He said he had fun and told me quite a bit about what they did as opposed to his normal act of not telling me much. I am so proud of him and cannot wait to see how much he learns and grows at his new school. Did I mention that today was school picture day as well? His first ever school picture!! I can't believe it. I was thrilled that I did his hair for the first day so it will look handsome in pictures, and I fought the urge to go home and get him a better shirt. Classic Gap shirt is good enough, I suppose. But oh. First pictures. Too cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment