Monday, October 26, 2009

Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

Repetition is my world right now. Apparently, when Eddie loves something, he really loves it. He wants it over and over and over again. He will bring over a book, sign read and I'll read it and put it down. And then he'll hand it back to me, sign read and we start all over again. Lather, rinse, repeat. I've read the same 3 books about 200 times in the past 2 or 3 days, when this phase began.

Does it apply just to books? Nope!

Eddie loves to 'burp' into buckets and cups to hear the echo, so I mimicked him today. BIG MISTAKE. He came back and held the bucket to my mouth. Once…twice…five hundred effing times later my voice was actually hoarse. But it is hilarious! It is so great! Mommy I love when you make that noise!! Again and again and again and OH MY GOD MOMMY THINKS IT IS NAP TIME. There are cute times, when the repetition applies to kisses…I give him kisses, he gives me kisses and we until we both a giggly mess…his cheeks red and me covered in slobber. And tickling! When the repetition applies to tickling, it is the best. He'll lift his feet up for me to tickle over and over. That one doesn't get old.

The worst one of all? Hands down, the new obsession of climbing on the couch. Up. Down. Up. Down. Up. Wait! This could be more fun! Let's jump off!!! Up. Jump. Up. Jump. Mommy has heart attack. Up. Jump. Up. Jump. Mommy, will you burp into the cup? Read? Read? Read?

 

 

Lather. Rinse. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment