Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Randoms

--My Great Aunt Kathi sent me this picture of her and my Great Great Aunt Neva who did in fact, turn 100 in June. Doesn't she look awesome for 100?!?! Pretty awesome.



--Casey made it to Day 5 of the World Series of Poker before getting knocked out. He made it to 255th place and won a nice chunk of cash. Now let's hope he doesn't spend it all during the rest of his trip!



-- I am thinking of doing Bakerealla's awesome hamburger cupcake/brownie treats for Eddie's birthday (visit Bakerealla.blogspot.com to see what I'm talking about - it's under 'fast food fun') but with regular size cupcakes, not mini ones. If I haven't mentioned it here, we are doing a baseball (Rookie of the Year!) themed party at the park and baseball field down the street from our house. The party is giving me a reason to be creative, which I definitely need right now. (pity party below) There is sooo much to think about with this party...I still have to call the caterer, get going on the picture banners and 'Turza Field' signs and just overall figure out how I am going to decorate a big, plain building. We're going to need lots and lots of decorations!!

--I currently have the crabbiest baby in the world (hence the lack of coherent blogging) and am hoping this passes soon. It started 2 days ago when he was just a little whiny - then yesterday was ALL OUT whining/crying all day - today he is showing the signs of whiny. Wonderful! Yesterday he also learned how to open handed smack me in the face, which is super fun. I nixed that one pretty fast and he's only tried it once since the 'beat momma' madness. Whew! With the attack of angry baby, I am getting more and more antsy to do something - ANYTHING. Coming up soon I will post about my 1 year anniversary of bed rest and leaving the working world and I am really starting to feel it. i don't know what I want to do yet, but I know it is something. Right now I am trying to keep myself motivated with thoughts of an entire house organize/cleaning spree (oh, how we need one...), getting a bike trailer for Eddie or just doing something artistic and creative. Last night Eddie and I watched Frank get appointed to our Town's planning commission and while it was awesome for him, I couldn't help but think that he is out there doing all this stuff and I sit at home. Variation in my day includes: playing in the living room, playing in the kitchen, playing in the playroom...changing diapers, changing outfits. I need some variation along the way, know what I mean??


Meh...this random post has turned into a little of a pity party...sorry about that. Stay tuned, though...I'll have some pictures to post of Frankie's appointment to the planning commission and I'll also have the post about my upcoming anniversary. I promise not to throw a pity party all week :)



-maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment