Whew. Just what we needed! Our afternoon at CocoKey in Rockford was so fun. The place doesn't open until 3:00 during the week (soon it will go to 4:00), which ended up being perfect. After some errands and lunch Eddie napped until we woke him up to drive to Rockford, which isn't too far. We got there right at 3 and got one admission free with the purchase of another, so our whole trip cost $15! Awesome.
Eddie had tons of fun in the little kid zero depth area playing in the fountains and shooting some hoops. He had some pretty good aim, might I add! He also had a blast flirting with the lifeguards. We were pretty much the only ones there (besides another family with only one school aged child, so it was just us and another kid playing!) for a good hour and a half. I was SUPER pumped to go down the slide, but regretted that decision pretty quickly. The effing tube slide was PITCH BLACK. Throwing me all around with water hitting my face and I couldn't see. It was a huge slide, and when I figured that it wasn't going to get any brighter until the bottom, I had a panic attack. I closed my eyes. It didn't help. I was seriously panicing. It took everything I had to relax and just realize that there was nothing I could do until I hit the bottom. Which seemed like forever.
I can't believe I'm the same person who used to love roller coasters and jumped out of an airplane. I jumped out of a FREAKING PLANE and the water slide paniced me. I've become a wimp. How sad.
Anyway. After that we took many a relaxing float in the lazy river, Eddie climbed up the rope ladder thing about a zillion times and Hubby and I kept to the little slides. As in, the count to five and you're out slide.
At least we're wimpy together :))))
No comments:
Post a Comment