Wednesday, July 7, 2010

4th of July -- Adults acting like Kids

I love my fun, funny group of neighbors...people who I can (literally) pee my pants in front of laughing so hard, say what I wish without feeling silly and just plain be comfortable with. Now, all that adds up to pretty much mean that we are one silly, crazy group that you never know quite what to expect from. 2 surprises to the BBQ - scooter rides and party popper wars.
{michelle's new scooter}

{i got up to a whopping 15mph! daredevil...let me tell you}

{hubby tried to ride it}

{but came back when he couldn't turn with his knees in the way :)}

{jim zipped up and down the alley at terrifying speeds (i think the thing tops out around 25...lol!)}

{and about .2 seconds after I took this picture, Bob the dog meandered into the alley and Phil almost took him out, but missed Bob and stayed on! It was fairly terrifying. After that, I think we were all done with the scooter}

{So instead, Jim and Michelle started a popper war}

{innocent Shauna and Maddi got involved}

{action shot!}

{and I TP'd my own lilac bush, which seemed like a good idea at the time, but the poor thing still has some stragglers sticking to it}



And there you have it :) Our laid back, fun and silly 4th of July BBQ. I hope you all had a happy and safe 4th and gave thanks to our wonderful veterans and current service men and women!

No comments:

Post a Comment