Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day

For those that are wondering, Eddie's sick continued throughout the weekend. Sunday night he broke out in a rash that covered his abdomen and was going down his arms and legs. We called the doctor, who said that it could either be a). Eddie has been given a crappy hand and not only has a double ear infection, but also got some form of viral diarrhea (which can include a rash) or b). he is allergic to Amoxicillan. She had us take him off of the Amoxicillan for that night to see if the rash cleared up and it did, but when we put him back on the Amoxicillan the rash didn't come back. Hrmph. I have no idea what is going on, but it is pretty annoying. The poor man has been pooping so much that his little tooshie is raw and he is now getting his first diaper rash. We made it 8.5 months with no ear infections or diaper rash and now they jump on us with fury. I am taking Eddie back to the doctor today so our regular pedi can check him out (after Dr. Finger-shaker's weirdness, I'd like him to be seen by someone I trust) in about an hour, so we'll see how that goes.
Since Eddie woke up without the rash on Monday and seemed to be in good spirits, we continued with our plan to have the Hoodians come over for a BBQ. Who are the Hoodians, you ask? They are our wonderful neighbors and consist of (but aren't limited to) Jim, Michelle, Keith, Tim, Jenny, Nicole, Jesse (who we miss dearly while he is at boot camp), Ethan, Doug, Mariana, Phil, Shauna and Kelly. Any given day, some combination of this group is either at our house, having a bonfire or sitting outside while the dogs play. Some members also frequent local bars......frequently. :) While not all Hoodians are at all events, once in a rare while we all stumble upon each other and have a great time. Yesterday we had a section of the Hoodians over for some food and conversation....eventually the girls went to the living room to watch the much anticipated season premier of John&Kate+8, and the boys sat in the kitchen plotting to take over the world (or at least Dekalb County). As a major shocker, I only got ONE picture of the whole affair.....Michelle roasting a marshmallow on the stove top (between commercials, of course) because it was way too cold out to do it on the grill. Internet - I present you our oh so exciting Memorial Day party...

{ Fascinating, isn't it? }

I did get one other picture of the weekend, while I was trapped on the couch by my little sicky sick son....


{please excuse the lack of makeup. Sick baby = not much time}



-maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment