Saturday, September 19, 2009

The big 5-0!!!


Today is my Dad's 50th birthday and to celebrate, my mom created a card campaign to get him sent 50 birthday cards from friends, family and some randoms, like my Aunt's friend in Sun City, AZ. It was so funny opening the cards and reading who they were from....and while we did fall a little short of our goal, the cards that my dad did get put a huge smile on his face, which is totally worth it.


I have an awesome relationship with my dad - one filled with great advice and lots and lots of laughter, but I will be the first to admit that it was a rocky road to get here. Teenage years are hard when you're trying to deny the fact that your dad is totally and exactly like you - something I couldn't put together until I went out on my own, specifically on my trip to Costa Rica the summer that I graduated college. Since then, we embrace the fact that we can get each other laughing so hard that one snorts and one cries (who does what changes each time) and now I love the fact that I can get my son laughing so hard he snorts....I think he has the total personality of his momma and grandpa, which scares the crap out of me and makes me proud at the same time. Because, well, I'll just throw it out there.....at least I didn't try to steal a gas tank to put on the middle of frozen Lake Geneva. DAD.


Happy Birthday, Daddy! I love you!

-maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment