Late last week, Eddie got a little snotty/fevery/klingy/sickish and we figured it was from his shots and that was that. AND THEN, oh my God and then. Frank and I got kicked in the ass with sinus pressure that is enough to make you feel that your eyes are going to pop out of your head. On the same day. So not only is one parent down, but we're both feeling like we just got hit by a truck and Eddie is feeling GREAT! And he wants to PLAY! Because he had been sick for 2 days and he has to make up for all that lost play time! OH MY GOD THE LOST PLAY TIME. Thankfully, Frank was home for the long weekend and we were both able to half ass it enough to act like one whole, healthy parent. But today he left. He left me in the trenches and my eyes are swollen half shut and that whole not being able to breathe thing is making the day fairly difficult. Eddie has been taking full advantage of the sick momma....you know...playing with the plants and the garbage can and terrorizing the dogs...otherwise known as making me chase him around the house all day. He's napping now and I am completely pooped and would like nothing more than to lay in a dark room and sleep, but the phone keeps ringing with telemarketers and I may or may not used a variety of curse words on one particular caller. And you know what? I felt a little better. I'll take my victories as they come, thank you very much.
In the midst of all of this, we had a little BBQ for with our neighbors yesterday, a day in which I hopped myself full of dayquil and tylenol and felt half human. It was quite fun, Eddie behaved well and enjoyed showing off to his friends. I do have pictures to post, but the camera is all the way across the house and I'm far to lazy to walk that far right now. Sorry. I do suppose this post is fairly pointless, but I figured I should post something, or I'd get a call from my father asking me if I fell off the face of the earth. I am also hoping that some of my wonderful and kind readers will send Frank and I some healthy, healthy vibes so we can get better ASAP, as tomorrow is our 3 year wedding anniversary and I'd really love to kiss my husband without feeling like I was going to suffocate because I can't breathe out of my nose.
Vibe away, people. Vibe away.
-maggie
No comments:
Post a Comment