Monday my mom and I took Eddie for a quick trip to Navy Pier....which turned out to be a little bit of a bust, but it was nice to get out of the house and see the city for a bit. We ended up rushing home, which it turns out we didn't need to do (coughcoughFRANKcoughcough), but it meant more time hanging out at Nanna and Grandpa's when Grandpa was home. Bonus! Why was the trip a bust, though? Well, to be honest, the Children's Museum at Navy Pier was a little....boring. Two of their suggested areas for toddlers were closed (Kid's Town and Water Ways), leaving only a couple of areas that Eddie could actually play. Meh, now we know that the Children's Museum in Naperville is way better and not as far! Geez louise....I sound so negative, but I'll be honest and admit that I am pretty picky. LOL! One awesome thing was that I got a ton of inspiration for homemade baby toys that will make some really cool Christmas presents. We also got to hang around the shops of the pier a bit, which was fun....Eddie got a new Bears themed bear from Build-a-Bear, which he loves and is seriously adorable. Thanks Nanna! Ready for some pictures? Yeah, I thought so.....

So this was cool...in one area they had projection screens that could tell where you are and the screen would incorporate it's theme onto you....if that makes sense. The pictures are from the raindrops but there was also a butterfly one where the butterflies would land on you....it was really neat.
{who is that cute baby?}
Catching fish in the creek...at least he got some water play! Silly mister would reach in, grab a fish and then put it in his net. Then take it out and grab another. :))) He didn't grasp the concept completely, but he did a bit!
{STRIKE! Well....not quite. But close!}
{pressing the pedal to stuff his bear!}
{Eddie is very happy with his finished product!}
We can't wait for Nanna's next day off of school...I wonder where we'll go next!
-maggie
No comments:
Post a Comment