BA-HUMBUG.
Good thing Eddie warms my cold, grinch-y heart. Bwahahaaha! Like I could really not have a Christmas tree. The only fake one I had on hand was the old tree from our apartment days, which we put outside on the porch last year. I wasn't sure if the lights on it would even work, considering the beating that it took last year, but knew that I coudn't go tree-less AND I knew that I wouldn't do live again. So, our little baby tree will have to do for now. Big difference from the fat one, huh?
Of course, Eddie loved it. The only thing is that there is no freaking way the gate will work with this tree. Honestly, it is so skinny that one panel of the superyard is as wide as the tree itself, so the superyard would look really, really silly. Which means that for now, we are going with the one finger rule. It works 80% of the time and the other 20% of the time we are chasing after Eddie as he hurls a (not breakable) ornament away from us. Good times! At least it keeps him entertained, right?
{my happy focus accident. i meant to get eddie in focus and instead got the ornament that says eddie. ha!}
So that is that, I suppose. We're going to wait until some after Christmas sales to get a bigger fake tree, as I refuse to spend an arm and a leg on a silly tree. Even if that silly tree will help me from going through the pain of a live tree again!
No comments:
Post a Comment