For me, the day after Thanksgiving means the start of Christmas season. I am one of those Christmas-starts-too-early people and get very annoyed when people do Christmas-esque things before black friday, but once Thanksgiving passes I am a Christmas nut. After doing things on the 'classy' side of the spectrum - white lights, themed tree, etc...for the last couple of years, I decided that Eddie would like to see the colorful, fun side of Christmas. I wanted to show him that Chirstmas is for the kids, for him to believe in the magic and fun of the season. So...we got colored lights (for outside, still white on the tree) and broke out the assorted, non-themed ornaments.
{it started with our stockings}
{LOVE this santa - i have a thing for the wood carved look}
{my favorite snowman ever - see, told you i loved the wood thing!}
{even Mac's painting in the front got some love!}
Then it was time for the tree....
{we decorated the tree last night when eddie went to bed}
{"A baby" said Pooh, "is a very nice thing indeed"}
{love.}
{even our hanging light got in the spirit}
But then, as I'm sure every family with a small toddler goes through....we got worried. Trees tip. Lights can tangle. Most of the ornaments are plastic, but some were breakable. Add a very curious toddler and you've got trouble. After a trip to the store, we had our solution. But the solution just wasn't festive enough....so I fixed it.
{some pretty bows cheer up the gate a bit, no?}
{Christmas with a toddler. Things change.}
{And I love each and every one of them}
Now, I'm going to leave you in suspense. Make sure you come back tomorrow to see the pictures of Eddie seeing the tree for the first time!
Before I go, let me say this - thank God for the gate!!
I take it you like your new camera?! The pics on your blog are fabulous!
ReplyDelete