Hehe.
This weekend we went and cut down our Christmas tree at a local farm! We took along our neighbor, Keith, who was looking for the perfect tree for his bachelor pad and was also there to take our family picture by our tree. Unfortunately for us, we all had different ideas of the perfect tree. Hubby and I ran into this problem last year...and, well....lets be honest....I won. This year, Keith was on one side of the spectrum, Hubby was somewhere in the middle and I was wayyyyy over on the other side. You see, I love big, fat trees. The fatter the better. Hubby doesn't like fat trees, because he thinks they won't fit. I think that is crap and that we can make it fit.
Good thing my husband is a little more logical.
We walked around forever trying to agree on a tree and in the end we both settled. I joked that if I couldn't have the tree I wanted and Hubby couldn't have the tree he wanted, we would get a tree we both didn't like. It didn't quite end like that, but close.
{hello handsome}
{watch out world, he's running!}
{on the search}
{halfway in and already tired}
{is this the one?}
{nah...I don't think it will fit in my wagon, mom!}
{finally some smiles!}
{while we played, keith found his tree}
{hubby got the saw!!}
{then we found ours - don't mind her bald spot! We were sick of looking and just picked one}
{the best part! Hubs struggling to cut her down}
{eddie watched him very carefully}
{while I told him all about the cows. Yup. We're in the country!}
{eddie says 'momma, pay attention! tiiiiiimberrrrr'}
{heh - just missed the big moment. Good thing she didn't fall towards me!}
{this was when hubby realized how far we were from the car. lol}
{tree stuck in bailer. lots of men trying to fix problem. funny, funny, funny}
{once the trees were ready to go we had a great view of them from the sunroof. and then we watched the one on the right fall. not all the way, but it was close! keith and i started screaming once we lost sight of it!}
{eddie had his cookie, so he wasn't very concerned}
{look at the admiration! his face has 'i love you cookie!' all over it. I can confirm that it was a very yummy cookie. I can also confirm that I did not share mine. heh}
After our adventure we ditched Keith, ran to grab a gate to go around the tree and then went to celebrate my mother in law's birthday, which is really today. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA!!! We love you!
And don't worry mom, I know I need to post the pictures from our Thanksgiving on Saturday. I promise I will, but these were cuter. And cuteness wins around here! Now please excuse me while I try to figure out where the heck I am going to put this massive tree.
No comments:
Post a Comment