Thursday, November 19, 2009

:)

I don't know how many times I have said it in real life and on this blog, but I have some amazing friends and family. Monday, when all of my testing was going on my mom left work to come and watch Eddie. She stayed later than we all anticipated, until about 11:30pm, after I was out of surgery and holding steady. (I have some trouble coming out of antistesia (sp?) so that caused some issues.) The next day, as I sat in the hospital with some of the worst nurses in the world, my dad drove from downtown Chicago to our house to watch Eddie so Hubby could come sit with me a bit and then take me home. Wednesday, Dad came again stayed pretty much the whole day to help me with Eddie. That night we got a visit from "the boys", otherwise known as my crazy neighbors Jim and Keith, who supplied me with lots of neighborhood gossip and laughter. This morning, I got some beautiful flowers from my in laws. I have lots to smile about! My family sure does know how to come together in a time of need. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to everyone. I appreciate your thoughts and help more than I can say.

{my boys got me some beautiful flowers!}


{how could this not make you smile?}




{aren't these neat? the coloring reminds me of orchids - they are so cool!}



Of course, each bouquet came with a balloon, which means that Eddie has been in balloon heaven lately. We still have the massive Elmo balloon and two other Get Well Soon balloons. He also has loved all of the grandparent attention and has even been taught some (terrifying) new tricks! Stay tuned for a picture recap of what Grandpa Burp taught Eddie.

-maggie

(grandpa burp? yup. he even approved it. he wants to just be called the 'burp' noise. cute, no? silly grandpa burp!)

1 comment:

  1. Hey, When did you become so literal. Besides I thought you were messed up on pain pills....
    Braaaap

    ReplyDelete