Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Homemade Holiday Recap

Remember how I made the goal to do all handmade Christmas gifts? That was a pretty lofty goal. Then, remember how I got my appendix removed? Yeah, it kinda threw a wrench into my plan. I did make a couple of things that I had originally planned, including a new bolster pillow for my dad and an apron for my brother and sister in law (who got some cooking related items, so it made sense, I promise!). Unfortunately, I did not finish my project that had 15 pages - front and back - of instructions, but I have it saved so maybe I can finish it next year. We'll keep it a secret until then :)




{awesome Tommy Bahama fabric, right? I looove it!}



{amy's side of the apron}


{mac's side of the apron}

Now, while I'm super proud of the pillow, the apron is a little less awesome. It was more of a joke item, one that I did really quickly just because I thought it was a funny idea. I started and finished it in about an hour, and lets face it....the seams show it. Ha! 

I also made some really cool baked goods, including some of Bakerella's Cakeballs and The Pioneer Woman's Chocolate Sea Salt Truffles.





I will post my pictures of making the treats later, mainly because they are pretty detailed and I want to make sure that the process is documented well enough so I (or you!) can reference them later. Trust me - even though PW or Bakerella make 'em seem easy, they're not. I, as always, will give you the no bullshit version of making these. I'm no pro, after all, and it shows! Fake it till ya make it, baby.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment