Monday, January 11, 2010

Puzzle



It all started with a puzzle. A very annoying, very hard puzzle. One that can make even the smartest person feel dumb. It is frustrating. SO FRUSTRATING. Because you think you have it and then one part sticks out the side or the top or something and you feel like throwing the puzzle far, far away from you. And then....this little voice tells you that you were so close. Just one more time. And then another. And another. And then how in the world have I been sitting here for 2 hours doing a freaking puzzle? Lots of cussing ensues.

Oh! And I have to add, in a moment of not so nice wifey-ness, THAT I BEAT HUBBY! I got him addicted to the puzzle after I tried for a day to solve it. And I got it before him!! WOOOOOT!! After I got Hubby addicted, I got the whole neighborhood addicted. Heh.

First, Jim came over and tried. Then Keith and Phil tried it on New Year's Eve. And I really don't want to throw Phil under the bus here, but he tired literally until almost midnight to no avail. I'm telling you....this thing sucks you in! And finally, after Keith came over a couple nights ago, he got it!!!



He even gets a celebratory picture. With him making a crazy face. Good job, Keith! After I posted about his victory on Facebook, another neighbor asked if he could come over and try. A couple hours later, Doug and Mariana had become obsessed with the puzzle. We broke out some snacks and wine and got to work. First, Doug got to the infamous one part sticking out phase.



It's a boy puzzle! He proudly exclaimed.  Must be the wine talking.

Just a bit later, however, he got it! And we all celebrated his win. With a cookie and a picture, of course :)



Then the wine really started talking. For some reason, we all found this quite trippy. Yes, I do believe the word 'trippy' was used. Heh.



Good times, people. Good times. Oh, and anyone else that wants to give it a try, come on over! Just expect to find me doing the Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred for the first part of your visit. I fully expect that she would jump through the screen and slap me if I didn't. To make up for that awkwardness, however, we'll serve you snacks and wine and laugh at you every time you fight the urge to throw the puzzle across the room. 'Cause that's what friends are for :)

No comments:

Post a Comment